06/26/23, 09:55 PM   #1
calvinius
Post Confused

hello, so im confused on the eso add ons im using minion and all files are updated but some are still saying out dated and on that note i just caught wind of ESOUI which im interested in and why im here. do these addons work for/with minion? if not where do i download esoui to use addons from? i have been on youtube for a hour looking for info but everything pops up minion
06/26/23, 10:00 PM   #2
calvinius
additional info

for example the harvest map is fully updated with minion and in game it still says outdated and wont work
06/26/23, 10:31 PM   #3
DakJaniels
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9295
06/27/23, 03:54 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hello Calvinius, welcome to ESOUI and ESO addons.

Outdated does not say it's not working.
If addons are outdated they are just maybe old but still work fine. IGNORE THAT!

Read the explanation linked above at best to find out what "outdated" means, or meant in the past.

And if addons do not work, whatever that means in your case:

If you get error messages ingame in a popup, read here how to read and report them:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

If your addon just does not show up in the ingame addon manager, read here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

If your addon shows but says it needs dependencies (open the addon name at the small triangle button in front to see the red (missing) lines of the dependencies), read here what they are:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

-> The needed dependencies of the addons normally are named in the addon description (top or bottom) too!

You need to check the needed dependencies in the ingame addon manager and install them. Keep the dependencies (libraries) and addons updated via Minion each day. e.g. run it once before starting the ESO game.
06/27/23, 10:52 AM   #5
calvinius
awesome thank you i will work through these links while at work today and see what i can do the most important one is the harvest map and pins which are not working so i will def be working on that lol
im also not supppeeeerrrr savy on that kinda of stuff i had a friend set it all up for me a year ago and have recently come back to the game so trying to get everything line up again so thank you.
06/27/23, 11:21 AM   #6
calvinius
ah i cant post pics.....
soo after going through and adding addons that were for dependencies im still getting 2 boxes of errors one is small black box in middle of screen saying "ERROR Item lookup table is missin. You need to run Client.exe under documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/addons/Tamrieltradecentre/client fefore starting the game to make ttc work properly." so im confused on that one a little as minion is running.

the other pop up is bottom right grey box "UI Error: 1C6E0C41 failed to create control `libcustommenusubmenu`duplicate name" which theres only one. also continued "stack traceback: [C]: in function `createcontrol`" then 3 more of
"user:/addons/settracker/libs/libcustommenu/libcustommenu.lua:85: in function `submen:initialize"
"user:/addons/settracker/libs/libcustommenu/libcustommenu.lua:78: in function `submenu:New"
"user:/addons/settracker/libs/libcustommenu/libcustommenu.lua:648 in function `onaddonloaded"

sorry this is all word for word
06/27/23, 11:25 AM   #7
calvinius
fixed tamrieltradecentre
06/27/23, 11:38 AM   #8
calvinius
ok so i went through addons and all the ones missing dependences i installed what was missing and relaunched game and it still says there missing.
and still the UI error on bottom right as stated in above reply
06/27/23, 11:44 AM   #9
calvinius
would it be possible to share my screen with someone later today? on missing addon i have file in live folder but there is a x on icon for the libunittracker and i tried to delete so i could just reinstall it but it wont even let me delete
06/27/23, 02:09 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Set Tracker is not working and should not be used anymore. It contains libraries that are old and thus throw the errors. Please deinstall that addon and use a replacement addon like Wishlist or any other that is similar.

The error message at SetTracker cannot be fixed easily, I tried that in the past and it's just like removing 1 error -> creating 10 new ones.

If dependencies are missing, even after downloading and installing them, you either downloaded and installed the wrong dependency, or did something else wrong so that the dependencies aren't recognized properly.
Edit:
Did you enable the dependencies in the addon manager? Scroll down to libraries and enable them.

Hint: I highly recommand to download and install the addon "Votans Addon List2 as it will, once installed and enabled, automatically enable the dependencies (if you got the downloaded properly9 if you enable any addon!

Often addons like SetTracker which throw errors result in other addons fail to work properly too. So remove those throwing errors (or at least disable them at the ingame addon manager) and try again then.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/28/23 at 12:37 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Confused