06/19/14, 08:41 PM   #1
Phinix

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm2ma1DH2UE

PhinixUI is a combination of all the addons I currently use for Elder Scrolls Online, customized to suit my personal esthetic preferences. All of the addons in the video can be downloaded from ESOUI.com, and I highly recommend you download and install their Minion AddOn Manager to install and keep them updated.

If you like the look of this interface, check the download link below and the instructional video on how to set up PhinixUI quickly to make your game look just like mine does in the video! (You still need to use the Minion AddOn Manager from ESOUI.com to install the addons first.)

DOWNLOAD PHINIXUI HERE.

Instructions for how to install are in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjZiDJXGL8
(Back up your SavedVariables folder!)

Enjoy!

Last edited by Phinix : 03/03/15 at 07:43 PM.
06/19/14, 08:43 PM   #2
Phinix

UPDATED FOR PATCH 1.6.x! (Update 6)
(Make sure you use Minion to update all your addons!)

DOWNLOAD PHINIXUI HERE.

Instructions for how to install:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjZiDJXGL8
(Back up your SavedVariables folder!)

IMPORTANT: When you re-download PhinixUI, make sure you follow the instructions in the above video precisely. ZOS has fixed the problem with the account name getting left out of settings files this patch, so you do have to replace both the account and character names in the included files with your own.

NOTE: As of 3-2-15 all addons listed including those marked "must install manually" ARE working. Those marked "must install manually" are simply not available through the Minion download manager and must be extracted and copied to your Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns manually.

New additions/replacements:
For Update 6 I have made a few tweaks here and there as well as added some new addons. Older addons that were discontinued have been replaced with alternatives where available/appropriate.

Here is the complete list of addons I currently recommend you download through the Minion addon manager (or manually as indicated) prior to installing PhinixUI (NOTE: You do not NEED to download ALL of these to use the PhinixUI config, but I highly recommend you do):

Warning: Spoiler

IMPORTANT: Make sure and check "Allow out of date addons" from your character select screen under addons on the left. Out of date does not mean not working. More often than not out of date addons work perfectly, and simply need to update the internal version number to remove this flag. All of the addons I have listed above are verified working in Update 6.

COMMENTS AFTER THIS POST UP TO THE DUPLICATE OF THIS POST ON PAGE 2 ARE OLD AND SHOULD BE IGNORED.

Last edited by Phinix : 06/08/15 at 02:20 AM.
06/20/14, 04:44 PM   #3
Phinix

Just a quick follow-up to answer some questions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvMhKT6VGLk
06/21/14, 11:51 PM   #4
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

Last edited by Phinix : 03/05/15 at 02:35 AM.
06/22/14, 08:53 PM   #5
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

06/22/14, 09:50 PM   #6
nemokin

holy crap!! this is so weird - so i came on here to start a thread about custom UI's and saw you had a oddly similar setup -i just put the finishing touches on Srendarr's buffs on unit frames. Although I have a VERY vibrant color setup - with ESOlauncher, SweetFX - Vibrant Green, TurboESO, and maxxed out all global settings on Nvidia CP - i still like the original colors you used for quest tracker - might try that - good job - good minds think alike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20140622_204543.JPG
Views:	2328
Size:	782.6 KB
ID:	319  
06/24/14, 04:00 PM   #7
farangkao

Nice work Phinix.

If you have time check out my Addon
06/24/14, 09:16 PM   #8
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

06/24/14, 09:49 PM   #9
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

06/25/14, 02:28 AM   #10
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

06/26/14, 03:27 AM   #11
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

06/26/14, 05:09 PM   #12
Harven

Hey,
I know this thread is related to your "PhinixUI" addons compilation but I saw you made a youtube video and someone linked it on reddit so people can think, that this solution will fix all theirs addons. Unfortunately this is not true and worse, it will destroy some addons saved variables. The following step is bad:
Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
Replace all instances of [[ with " and ]] with " for all files in \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables. This will fix most problems.
It will work for addons you have included in your PhinixUI, but it will break some other addons, for example my Quest Journal. It's because some saved variables include " character inside the value, like this:
Lua Code:
  1. [1] = [[Valrendil's "wife" quickly rebuffed me when I questioned her, and Valrendil's "house" turned out to be an illusion of a High Elf house within the cave. I should tell Xijai-Teel of these strange happenings.]],
so replacing [[ and ]] with " will cause syntax errors and the quest data will be lost. Besides, the replacement is done by the ESO client automatically and when that happens all " characters are safely escaped with \". Can you please explain why you made an assumption that this step is necessary? If you don't see any reason then please make some corrections to the description/video so people will not lose their addons settings/data.

I hope this post will not make you feel offended as this was not my intention. You did some great work with your addons compilation, all these youtube videos and things I just wanted to explain the problem that arises when people do the replacement manually.
06/26/14, 08:47 PM   #13
Phinix

Hey Harven,

Thanks for that information, I just updated the video you are talking about!

To answer your question, the reason I advised doing it manually is to keep old addon settings. I tried letting ESO do this on its own, however what happened is that it created a duplicate set of values under a blank account name heading, all of which were the addon's defaults, and used those instead of the existing set with the @AccountName.

I just tested it, and changing JUST the ["@AccountName"] headings to [""] will cause the game to replace the [[ and ]] correctly on its own, but also continues to uses the correct old values without creating a new set like it does if you leave the account name in there. So, I updated the video to advise ONLY changing the account name.

Last edited by Phinix : 06/26/14 at 08:59 PM.
06/27/14, 05:06 AM   #14
Harven

Hey,
Thanks for a quick reaction! I know that the other steps are necessary and it's nice that you made the description and the video.
06/27/14, 08:22 PM   #15
Garkin

Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
UPDATE:

Re-download PhinixUI (6-26-14), as it contains new updates.

Also, re-enable LootDrop and Azurah. Lootdrop has been updated, however you need to manually download Garkin's fix for Azurah (you can find this link in the comments on the Azurah addon page) and copy the files to \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\Azurah overwriting what is there. Everything in Azurah should now be working again; thanks Garkin!
Proper upload of fixed Azurah: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info6...atch1.2.3.html

FYI: I had to disable range finder, function used to get distance from the target now works only for group members.
06/28/14, 12:30 AM   #16
pinmouse
Thumbs up

Very cool... thanks for sharing!
06/28/14, 07:13 AM   #17
Phinix

Thanks Garkin!

Just FYI, it IS safe to uninstall the old Azurah from Minion (in fact you SHOULD do this first) and install the modified version Garkin posted. The settings from PhinixUI will still work with this functional version.

Also, I just updated the instructional video to reflect that you no longer need to enter your account name in the settings files. Also, if you download PhinixUI again it no longer has anything in the account name field (so there is nothing to edit there), though you DO still need to follow the instructions to replace CHARACTERNAME with your character's name (and the optional part about using Joviex's addon to transfer those settings in-game to all your other characters).

I just realized the video was saying to do one thing but the files no longer had the @AccountName to edit, so it might have been confusing. Hopefully this is more clear; just ignore the part about editing the @AccountName altogether as it is no longer needed, and just edit the CHARACTERNAME.
07/05/14, 06:14 AM   #18
d2allgr
Phinix great work on your videos/mod list.

One thing though, you should mention somewhere that your positioning is set for UI scale 1 (obvious to most probably but I had to find out after fiddling with it )

Also in your mod list, AudioControl requires another mod to work (don't know if its actively used in your setup), Batman is outdated might not be required anymore (I updated for anyone that might still want to use it though) as is Nog's Simple Crafting Tooltip (also updated but I think its not required).

Still so far Great work, looking forward to any updates from you.
07/13/14, 08:56 PM   #19
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

Last edited by Phinix : 03/05/15 at 02:36 AM.
07/14/14, 04:47 AM   #20
Phinix

Obsolete post edited...

Last edited by Phinix : 03/05/15 at 02:36 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » Released AddOns » PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO